Thursday, April 23, 2015

Just what is it we think we are doing?

First of all, let me apologize.

This was not my intended next post.  It took me a lot of effort to get the last one together, and this next one was supposed to open the door on how I found a path to bring healing to my marriage.

Instead, my dander's up.

I'm a private person.  I only tend to open up to certain people about my problems, but as I embarked on the journey to make my marriage work, Jehovah decided to give me the strength to try and bring comfort to others through his Word.

There are many Bloggers out there, all with their own stories and reasons and wonderful sites, and I am sure they all have their own opinions on this particular issue that has me on the warpath.  I cannot claim to have read every post on every blog out there, but I have read *many* while trying to get insights into my own problems, and I started noticing certain attitudes pop up here and again.

But in the last couple of days, the pot finally boiled over.  I'm a newbie at this, maybe too zealous, not many posts up, no followers yet, typing away madly to get my thoughts out to those to whom it might make a positive difference in their lives. I'm not doing this for fame. Definitely not for money. I believe those who need to find this Blog will find it through the grace of God, just as I found those Blogs that sealed my decision to rebuild my marriage into something worthy of Jehovah.

We try to build up people through their faith. To explain and show how God's infinite love brings about change and happiness into people's lives, how it can revitalize a marriage. That being Christian means we can draw upon our God in times of distress to our advantage and joy.

And then we keep running into comments like:

"You need to dump your spouse now, while you still have something to offer someone else. Life's too short..."

"You only have one life, so don't waste it on someone who. . ."

But that sort of thing, while irritating, was not what set the geyser off.

There is an ongoing controversy about "non-traditional" wedding cakes.  It has happened in more than one country, and it has gotten to the point that it has reached the marriage Blogs. And the "Comment" was made that burnt my cookies:

"...BUT I don't think they should have turned them down based on their personal religious beliefs"

And I picture this long line of martyrs in various coliseums, so many centuries ago, being thrown to the lions, burned at stakes, flayed alive, just because they wouldn't lite a stupid little bit of incense. What would they think of that comment?

So, is this what Modern Day Christianity is?  A set of religious beliefs?

Jesus Christ descended from Heaven into the lowly form of a man, went through the same life as any man for 30 years, then selflessly took up his ministry exclusively and exhaustively to preach the Good News of God for the last three years of his SHORT life.  He was then betrayed by one of his closest associates into the hands of his enemies, those who should have been his ardent supporters.  He was humiliated, tortured, ridiculed, "nailed to the wood"--the most degrading form of death for an Israelite, suffered an excruciatingly painful death as an innocent, blameless, soul between two criminals, all for his

"personal religious beliefs?"

Why don't we just drive a few more nails into our Savior?

Yes, life IS too short. And we should be praying every day, thanking our God that it is not any longer, that we do not have to continually go through an endless life of pain, injustice and suffering among the ever-increasing number of people who despise and belittle what we have faith in. We should be grovelling in thanks that Jehovah sent us His only begotten son, Jesus, the Christ, for allowing him to choose to suffer for our sake, so that through our faith in the value of his sacrificial death and our actions in support of that faith, we might attain the forgiveness of our sins. 

For what?  To enjoy this "one life?"  No. But so that we might attain the real life, the eternal life in the World to Come.

Christianity is NOT a set of religious beliefs.  It is a way of life.

It is The Way, The Truth and The Life.  Everlasting life.

My prayers to you all.


Image courtesy of CNaene at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the nature of this blog, all comments are moderated. These are troubled times, so real names will be removed. Profanity is not allowed. While comments might get very explicit, vulgarity will not be tolerated.